Party Platforms and Issues
I'm sure we could scare up a few polls (from during the election season) that indicate which issues were most important to voters. We could select these issues, or a sub-set of these issues, as the ones which we'll check party platforms on.
I've no doubt that voter-rated importance of issues varies across time--probably more so than party platform planks. If we just need to identify a set of issues that could be used to differentiate parties, though, we could still pull issues from the polling data without regards to which issue(s) may be temporarily more important than others.
Does that make any sense?
I've no doubt that voter-rated importance of issues varies across time--probably more so than party platform planks. If we just need to identify a set of issues that could be used to differentiate parties, though, we could still pull issues from the polling data without regards to which issue(s) may be temporarily more important than others.
Does that make any sense?

1 Comments:
I like the idea of identifying certain issues and then finding the party stands on them from the platforms or some other source. It would make this part much easier and faster.
I'm going to do some lurking on the party websites today, and I'll let you know if they have any "here's what we believe" information available there. If not, I'll look for my copies of the party platforms from 2004.
Post a Comment
<< Home